Breaking down the abilities of all 11 Apex Legends characters.
The list of Apex Legends characters continues to expand in Season 2. Life in the ring is deadly when you have all the details, and a nightmare when you don’t, but knowledge is the one weapon that can keep you from sauntering through Rolling Thunder like a field of poppies. Leaf through this rolodex of Apex Legends characters and their abilities, and your next drop can be one where you strut into the final ring with confidence.
For balance reasons, a few of Apex Legends’ characters have universal passives to help them with larger hitboxes, or to adjust for the smaller size of their hitboxes. These were an attempt to level the playing field a bit by Respawn.
Legends with the Fortified passive are easier to hit, so they’re a bit tougher as well:
- Fortified Legends take 15% less damage from all attacks, and are immune to the slow effect from weapons fire
Legends with the Low Profile passive are harder to hit, but take a little more damage when you connect:
- Low Profile Legends take 5% more damage from all attacks.
Passive: Double Time
- Being shot at triggers a brief 30% speed boost when running.
Tactical: Smoke Launcher
- Fires a projectile that explodes on impact into a cluster of smoke grenades in a horizontal line.
- Hitting an enemy deals 10 damage.
- Range is about the same as a thrown grenade.
- The ability holds 2 charges.
Ultimate: Rolling Thunder
- Bangalore throws a flare that, after a brief delay, calls down a barrage of missiles from the sky, which hit exterior surfaces (including roofs) and stick, then explode.
- Rolling Thunder’s flare behaves exactly like a thrown grenade.
- The missiles cause a concussive effect and damage. Allies will be hit by the concussive effect.
- 40 damage per missile.
Strengths: An aggressive playstyle suits Bangalore, advancing with her speed boost and smoke. She can zone enemies with her ultimate, and smoke to set up flanks, retreats, and revives.
Tip: A Digital Threat shotgun or SMG pairs amazingly with your smoke launcher.
- Certain actions by enemies will leave behind clue markers with a timestamp, up to 90 seconds old, to help you track them.
Tactical: Eye of the Allfather
- Sends out a pulse ahead of you (not radial, despite the animation), highlighting and tracking enemies, traps, and loot ticks through walls for 1.5 seconds.
- The pulse is visible to enemies and makes a small noise.
Ultimate: Beast of the Hunt
- Turns your vision black and white, shows and highlights cold tracks, highlights all enemies in red, and increases your speed by 25%. Valuable for spotting enemies at a far distance or anyone hiding in dense cover.
- Lasts 35 seconds.
Strengths: With their speed-boosting ultimate, Bloodhound is one of the strongest aggressive characters. They are excellent at chasing and finishing off wounded enemies and closing distances quickly.
Tip: If you catch an enemy with Eye of the Allfather, make sure to ping them immediately (through walls, even).
Passive: Gun Shield
- Aiming down sights will deploy a gun shield with about 75 health that protects the upper body.
- This shield regenerates slowly, but will come back faster if you use Shield Cells or Shield Batteries.
Tactical: Dome of Protection
- Throws a deployable shield that will allow enemies and allies to pass through it, but blocks all damage going in or out for 18 seconds.
Ultimate: Defensive Bombardment
- Throws a grenade to call down a mortar strike in a circular area.
- Strikes that hit explode immediately on hitting the ground, dealing damage to enemies and concussing both allies and enemies.
Strengths: Gibraltar is the defining team-player, his abilities are all best-used in support of his allies in order to protect or compliment them. Safeguarding revives, looting, and heals with Dome of Protection and his Defensive Bombardment are his bread and butter.
Tip: Layer your ultimate and tactical on the same spot if you want to try to discourage anyone from disrupting your revives.
Passive: Low Profile
Passive: Combat Medic
- Lifeline revives downed teammates faster than normal, and deploys an invulnerable shield wall in the direction she’s facing during revives.
- Healing items are used 25% faster than normal.
Tactical: D.O.C. Heal Drone
- Places down a drone which will heal nearby players (allies and enemies) over time.
Ultimate: Care Package
- Calls down a special care package containing three items: One Level 3 defensive gear, one healing item, and one Level 3 weapon attachment.
- Cannot contain Legendary weapons, unlike 'map' care packages.
Strengths: Lifeline is both a powerful combatant and support Legend. Her Combat Medic passive lets her duck out of a firefight to heal and return, making her surprisingly durable, and she’ll help smooth out rounds where you don’t find the right loot.
Tip: Your Care Package is hard cover, so don’t be afraid to use it for temporary shelter or even to add some cover to a spot you know you’re going to fight in, like an exposed roof.
More information you can visit the original news page.
To find out the latest news and trends about PC games, visit our website - GameLoop. More ACT, FPS, SLG, and fancy games can be found in this fantastic emulator, such as Call of Duty: Mobile download GameLoop and play games on PC.